SEO Content Editor/Writer
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2023
We are a fast-growing startup that’s hiring a freelance SEO editor/writer to help us publish a large-volume of blog content for a professional services audience (e.g., accountants, mortgage brokers, insurance agents). You will refine previously created copy drafts to ensure they’re useful, accurate, and follow SEO best practices.
At B12, you’re part of an important mission to help small business owners succeed using a combination of human expertise and cutting-edge technology. This role is remote with some flexibility in determining your schedule.
As a SEO content editor/writer, you will:
- Edit tens of blog articles weekly to ensure quality, consistency, and relevancy to a professional services audience
- Publish articles in our content management system following best practices for online content formatting
- Ensure content follows basic SEO best practices (H1, H2, H3, meta descriptions, and keyword implementation)
You’d be a good fit if:
- You’re confident in your ability to edit quickly without sacrificing quality — delivering error-free copy every time
- You have experience updating drafted blog posts
- You’ve used Grammarly, plagiarism detectors, Surfer SEO, and Netlify CMS
- You have a degree in English, Communications, Journalism, or a related degree, OR equivalent work experience
- You have work samples of pieces you’ve edited to optimize for search engines and readers
- You’re fluent in English
- We don't have a minimum number of years of experience for this role. We highly favor talent and interest.
- Some candidates may see this list and feel discouraged because they don’t match all the items. Please apply anyway: there’s a good chance you’re more wonderful than you think you are.
- B12 is a safe place for human beings. We particularly encourage you to apply if you identify as a woman, are a person of color or other underrepresented minority, or are a member of the LGBTQIA community.
How to apply
- A pointer to your CV, résumé, LinkedIn profile, or any other summary of your career so far.
- Some informal text introducing yourself and what you are excited about.
See more open positions at B12
Something looks off?