Senior Backend Engineer
About the team
Working at Holistic AI - Engineering team is simply... different. It is just the way we love to collaborate that fosters your creativity and learning. You will take a great place in our team and you will work closely with our engineers that come from experienced companies like Sky, Skyscanner, DeepMind and Goldman Sachs. You will be part of a rewarding, energising and proficient environment. You will work on our greenfield projects that have an impact on both what we build and how we build it.
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer who will help us achieve our ambitious goals in the new area of AI Risk Management. In this role, you should be able to work independently with little supervision. We expect from you to have strong software engineering experience, willingness to drive change in search of the best solution and ability to implement and scale it. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic to take on difficult challenges and is responsible for the overall code quality and team outcomes.
What you’ll do
- Solving technical problems of large scope and complexity
- Build high-performance and scalable solutions
- Built the product that empowers company to create the next big thing
- Thinking about user experience and make it better
- Mentor and coach less experienced engineers on the team
What you’ll need
- Proven experience in building robust, high-scale, distributed systems in production environments
- Critical thinking: balance short-term needs with long-term goals
- Curiosity and excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability and openness to learn, fail and apply learnings moving forward
What you’ll be using
- Java 17
- Python 3.8
What’s in it for you
💸 Competitive salary
🕘 Flexible working hours - We trust you to work on times that suit you and your team.
🏡 Hybrid friendly - as long as you have a good internet connection and a private and quiet space that allows you to do your best work.
📚 Regular knowledge sharing session with your squad.
○ Personal library - books that you can read any time.
○ Training and capability in building opportunities.
💰 We will automatically enrol you into our pension scheme.
🍼 Maternity and paternity leave policy (if you have been with us for at least 26 weeks).
🍻 Regular social activities in person or online - Attendance is 100 % optional; if you don’t fancy it, don’t stress about it!
🍱 Fully stocked pantries with snacks and drinks.
⚖️ Good work-life balance.
About Holistic AI
We are the leading provider of AI Risk Management services, and our mission is to empower our clients to adopt and scale AI with confidence.
We spun out of University College London, with a core team made of PhDs in Computer Science. The company is formed by lifelong learners seeking to be the best in their work. Together as a team, we were able to pioneer the AI Risk Management field by having strong practical experience in auditing AI systems.
We have reviewed over 100+ enterprise AI projects covering more than 20k different algorithms. We are trusted by Fortune 500 corporations, SMEs, governments and regulators.
We are based in Soho Square (central London).
If this sounds like something that is exciting, we want to hear from you! To apply for this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our recruiters will get in touch with you!