Sales Development Representative (SDR) - Remote
We're looking for a talented Sales Development Representative (SDR) to join our team! This position is remote (work from home.)
MachineMetrics was founded by a small group of software and manufacturing professionals unified by a mission to operationalize machine data for the autonomous factory. We keep it real by being data-driven, genuine, and encourage our team to balance work and home life. We were named by Forbes as one of the top IoT companies to watch, and voted one of Built In’s 2020 Best Places to Work in Boston!
We've combined world-class talent in both advanced manufacturing and cutting-edge technology to build a company focused on solving REAL manufacturing problems.
You're looking to develop your career in Sales with a forward-thinking software company. We are seeking an individual who displays the attitude, aptitude, and amplitude to not only get the job done but grow within the company. You’re the kind of person that enjoys working independently and with other teams. People that do well here can self-manage but aren’t afraid to reach out for guidance.
You thrive on meeting/exceeding goals, whether on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. You LOVE sharing the value proposition of something you believe in. Want to learn more?
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns to create sales opportunities
- Creatively use varied prospecting strategies for inbound and outbound sales calls and emails
- Identify the interest, needs and challenges/opportunities of each prospective customer
- Schedule discovery meetings for Account Executives and prospects
- Meet activities goals (daily/weekly/monthly)
- Effectively communicate our value proposition at all organizational levels
- Partner with the VP of Marketing to continuously improve our processes
- Be a Champion of our Core Values
What You’ll Have:
- Proven success as a Sales Development Representative (SDR), Business Development Representative (BDR), Account Executive or similar role in software sales (SaaS is a plus)
- Self-starter who has a desire to learn, grow, and excel in their role
- Professional communication skills—both verbally and in writing
- Well-known interpersonal skills; you naturally build relationships
- Strong presentation skills, with the ability to credibly influence at all levels, internally and externally
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Prior experience using CRMs (e.g., Salesforce, Hubspot, etc.)
- Nice to have: Experience using collaboration tools like Slack/Skype/G-Suite
- Nice to have: Familiarity with the manufacturing industry is a plus, but not required
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, passport, and are able to travel without restriction
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer who values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Manufacturing impacts almost every aspect of how we interact with the physical and virtual world today, from the technology we use at work to the way we communicate with each other in our daily lives. Today is the internet moment for manufacturers and MachineMetrics is a pioneer in empowering a more sustainable, resilient, automated factory of the future. Come join our team!