Senior Partnership Tax Manager (Remote)
Strength in Trust
At OneTrust, we exist to unlock every company's potential to thrive by doing what's good for people and planet. Using cutting-edge technology and a real-world approach to privacy, GRC, ethics, and ESG, we’ve created a no-nonsense platform to help supercharge the global push for Trust Intelligence.
OneTrust is looking for an experienced Senior Tax Manager (Remote) to help build a best-in-class tax department. If you’re a self-motivated, goal-oriented, professional who is passionate, and if you thrive on working in a fast-paced category leading company, then this is the role you want. Bring your proven track record and solid working knowledge of income tax provision and compliance process design, management, and execution.
In this role, you will be responsible for various tax issues, including preparing partnership capital account workpapers, federal and state return coordination with an outside provider, shareholder communication and related technical issues. Opportunities will also exist for exposure to various other specialty areas, including global provision, federal and state compliance, credits and incentives, sales/use/withholding taxes, and other special projects. You will partner closely with our finance, legal and stock plan administration teams.
You’ll work with a high-energy, entrepreneurial team that is building an organization that will scale with OneTrust’s hyper growth. If you are looking for a position in which no two days are the same, teams work together quickly and urgently to solve issues, and where we love working together every day, then buckle up – this could be the role for you.
- Prepare federal and state partnership workpapers and related schedules including Internal Revenue Code (IRC) 704b accounts, and review federal and state partnership tax returns.
- Evaluate the tax aspects of partnership agreements
- Review and manage the preparation of complex tax projections, estimates, and forecasts
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local tax laws and regulations
- Identify when research is needed; clearly and concisely frame issues to be researched; and clearly and concisely reports the analysis
- Work with Accounting and Finance teams to ensure accurate data as inputs for the forecasting, compliance and provision processes
- Work with Legal team to have awareness of changes to the legal agreements or legal structure of the company
- Keep up to date on regulatory changes to ensure compliance on a federal and state level
- Strong analytical, research and critical thinking skills as well as decision-making skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Solid organizational skills, especially ability to meet project deadlines with a focus on details
- Proven ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Outstanding communication (oral and written skills)
- Experience with Partnerships including understanding of various partnership specific items including but not limited to section 704(b) and taxable income allocations, capital account maintenance, liability analysis and allocations, section 734 (b) and 734 (b) adjustment calculations and Tax Receivable Agreement (TRA) calculations
Your Experience Includes:
- Seven (7) or more years of prior relevant tax experience and/or public accounting, private industry accounting or consulting/professional services experience, required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Statistics, Master’s in Accountancy or Taxation, preferred
- Experience with Partnerships including understanding of various partnership specific items including but not limited to section 704(b) and taxable income allocations, capital account maintenance, liability analysis and allocations, section 734(b) and 743(b) adjustment calculations and Tax Receivable Agreement (TRA) calculations.
- CPA, JD or MST strongly preferred
- Strong technical skills in accounting and tax preparation, SaaS specialization a plus
- Experience in dealing with international tax matters a plus
- Previous experience in a public accounting firm preferred
As an employee at OneTrust, you will be a part of the OneTeam. That means equity, bonuses, unlimited PTO, and 100% paid medical benefits (and that’s just the beginning!).
Our employee rewards philosophy spans mental, physical, and emotional well-being because we want our people to succeed both in and out of the office. Some benefits differ depending on region, but here’s what you can expect from our OneTeam Total Rewards Program:
- Competitive Compensation: We offer top pay for top talent with competitive total packages including equity for all, performance bonuses, and retirement savings with match. We’re also committed to fair and equitable pay practices.
- Workstyle Flexibility: At home or in the office, we trust you to get the job done. Our people have the option to work in the office, fully remote, or a hybrid based on their role. Go green with commuter program discounts and in-office perks.
- Career Development: You’re not just joining any company; you’re joining the company that built the category-defining software platform for trust. You can become an expert and earn industry certifications with training and exams paid for by us and access to our learning & development program and guest speaker series.
- Employee Recognition: We celebrate our accomplishments the best way we know how – together. Our people are invited to attend employee appreciation social events (including our awesome annual holiday party), participate in ticket giveaways for local city events based on your home office location, and celebrate one another through our #CheersforPeers channel.
- Focus on Wellbeing: Take the vacation or volunteer - we have unlimited PTO globally. You’ll also have access to ClassPass memberships, generous company holidays and your birthday off, paid sick days, Employee Resource Groups (or, as we call them, Employee Trust Groups), and other ways to get connected or support company diversity, equity, and inclusion goals.
- Health Benefits: No package is complete without great health benefits. This role may receive company-paid employee healthcare premiums, parental leave, and access to mental health benefits and employee assistance programs. Specific benefits differ by location, so please check with your recruiter to specify what this role will receive.
Our Commitment to You
When you join OneTrust you are stepping onto a launching pad — the countdown has begun. The destination? A career without boundaries working alongside a diverse and inclusive crew who is passionate about doing meaningful work. As a pioneer, your voice and expertise will help chart the direction of an entirely new industry — Trust. Our commitment to putting people first starts with you. Your growth is part of the mission. Our goal is to give you the power to embark on the next phase of your uniquely, unique career.
OneTrust provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
For California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, and Washington-based candidates: the annual base pay range for this role is listed below. Within this range, individual pay is determined by several factors, including location, job-related skills, work experience, and relevant education and/or training. This role may also be eligible for discretionary bonuses, equity, and/or commissions, as well as benefits.