Senior Director Technical Accounting & Reporting
Strength in Trust
At OneTrust, we help businesses around the world to make trust a competitive advantage. Our category-defining enterprise platform enables organizations to operationalize trust across privacy, security, data governance, GRC, third-party risk, ethics, and compliance, and ESG.
We are looking for an individual who likes to build and can work cross-functionally at the highest levels of our organization. You will be an advisor to our leaders and own our accounting policies and help build and drive process. Experience managing external vendors, building out programs around SOX compliance for example is key. This individual will be a driving force around growing the organization to the next level.
- Work cross-functionally on technical accounting matters, including revenue recognition (ASC 606), lease accounting (ASC 842), M&A accounting (ASC 805), stock-based compensation (ASC 718), etc.
- Follow emerging accounting issues and proactively analyze their impact on the Company’s results and financial position and lead implementation of new accounting standards and provide guidance and training on technical accounting issues to Business Partners
- Draft technical accounting memos and accounting policies for public company readiness
- Own the Accounting policies manual
- Perform revenue contract review, partner with the Revenue Accounting team to structure non-standard agreements, and propose accounting conclusions
- Assist with the preparation and review of the monthly CFO reporting packages, investor reporting, and audit committee decks as needed
- Participate in the month end close process and own the recording of complex accounting transactions (SBC, M&A, Commissions, investments, debt, etc.)
- Liaison with the external auditors to manage all aspect of the annual audits, including the review of the PBCs and drafting of the financial statements
- Assist with the review of local statutory audit reports and support the local accounting teams, where needed
- Own the accounting for stock-based compensation,
- Assist with the evaluation and assessment of design and operating effectiveness of the internal control environment over financial reporting
- Propose and implement process improvements in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley standards
- Assist with ad hoc projects on an as-needed basis
You are able to communicate, both verbal and written, with all levels of the organization. You are meticulous in updating accounting records and pride yourself with attention to detail and accuracy. You are adaptable to change and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You are self-motivated; someone who is able to work independently, multi-task and prioritize your workload.
Your Experience Includes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 10-12+ years accounting experience
- Strong technical accounting background with deep knowledge of US GAAP
- Thorough knowledge of SOX 404 and SEC reporting standards, as well as experience with technical research
- Additional experience in high growth SaaS technology companies, is a plus
- Strong people, project and client management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skill; ability to translate complex issues into simple and easy to understand terms
- Intermediate Excel skills
- CPA or MBA in Accounting, Finance or related
- Experience performing detailed analysis and trends
- Capable of researching complex transactions and proposing solutions
As an employee at OneTrust, you will be part of the OneTeam. That means you’ll receive support physically, mentally, and emotionally so that you can do your best work both in and out of the office. This includes comprehensive healthcare coverage, remote or hybrid workplace flexibility, flexible PTO, equity stock options, annual performance bonus opportunities, retirement account support, 14+ weeks of paid parental leave, career development opportunities, company-paid privacy certification exam fees, and much more. Specific benefits differ by country. For more information, talk to your recruiter or visit onetrust.com/careers.
For California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, and Washington-based candidates: the annual base pay range for this role is listed below. Within this range, individual pay is determined by several factors, including location, job-related skills, work experience, and relevant education and/or training. This role may also be eligible for discretionary bonuses, equity, and/or commissions, as well as benefits.
Check out the following to learn more about OneTrust and its people:
You have the right to have your personal data updated or removed. You also have the right to have a copy of the information OneTrust holds about you. Further details about these rights are available on the website in our Privacy Overview. You can change your mind at any time and have your personal data removed from our database. In order to do this you must contact us and let us know you wish to be removed. The request should be made on the Data Subject Request Form.