Senior Product Manager - Service Partners
Who we are:
Pulumi is building the worlds best infrastructure as code tools and services that enable every developer to program the cloud using the tools and practices they already know. We lead with an open source platform that embraces real programming languages, tools, and techniques, and offers an innovative SaaS product that helps teams collaborate. Cloud native leaders like Snowflake and CockroachDB as well as innovators like Mercedes-Benz R&D North America use Pulumi to make cloud infrastructure their competitive advantage.
Pulumi helps developers and infrastructure engineers tap into the vast world of cloud services–from AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud to Datadog, GitHub, Auth0, Rancher, and more–and create production-grade, repeatable infrastructure.
While Pulumi is headquartered in Seattle, WA., we are dedicated to being a remote first company. This role can be located in Seattle or remotely.
About the role and the team:
We’re looking for a Product Manager to work with Pulumi's technology partners: onboard new partners and unlock new opportunities with our 120+ integrations.
In this role, you’ll combine a broad knowledge of cloud and developer technologies with a deep understanding of our developer and ops customers. You’ll combine that customer understanding with your own past experience building apps or creating infrastructure to be the voice of the customer when working with engineering. You’ll define, prioritize, and ship features that delight our users and deliver on the vision of cloud engineering. And, you’ll be working with a diverse and globally distributed team along the way.
- Partner with the head of BD and Product teams to define the vision for scaling the Pulumi technology partner program.
- Work closely with large partners to ensure their Pulumi integrations are best in class and that their developer docs demonstrate the best that Pulumi has to offer.
- Build a deep understanding of how Pulumi and partner solutions solve customer problems and plan improvements and content (blogs,docs, demos) to highlight shared value.
- Own features from idea to successful adoption, working with marketing, customer success, sales, and our community to ensure that features aren’t just built, but also used and loved by our partners and shared customers.
- Turn plentiful data into insights that inform our decision making
- Define the right input and output metrics to measure the success of features we build and create a feedback loop from these metrics back into your product vision and roadmap
To be successful in this role:
- You have 5+ years of engineering, product management, program management, or equivalent experience
- You’ve used and are deeply familiar with modern cloud software development practices like containers, Kubernetes, and serverless
- You have strong technical abilities and a track record of delighting customers with elegant solutions to complex and ambiguous technical problems
- You have built and actively participated in inclusive team environments
- You clearly communicate both verbally and in writing
Nice to have:
- You have previous work experience delivering software or creating and managing infrastructure
- You have demonstrated experience working with disciplines like Sales, Marketing, and Support
- An MBA or experience working directly with customers or partners.
- You have experience creating developer tools or working closely with DevOps teams
- You have experience entering a new area, immersing yourself in data and details, and building a strong understanding and point of view
- You have experience contributing to open source projects or managing an open-source community
- Base Salary Hiring Range: $161,500 - $198,000
- All full time employee offers at Pulumi include base salary, bonus or variable, equity and benefits (details below).
- Health - We offer competitive medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance. It is free for our direct employees to be on our insurance.
- Time Off - Unlimited personal time off (PTO) we ask that employees take at least 3 weeks off during the year in addition to the two annual company-wide wellness weeks.
- Parental Leave - 20 weeks paid parental leave for the birthing parent or primary caregiver, and 16 for non-birthing parent or secondary caregiver.
- Remote-First - We are a 100% remote-first company with employees in nearly 20 states, and growing internationally; we encourage asynchronous communication and autonomy. We also provide an annual work from anywhere fund to help cover the employee costs of working remotely.
- Professional Development & Growth - We encourage a lifelong learning mindset and every employee is given an annual professional development budget.
- Equity - As a small but growing startup, we all act like owners and you will earn equity in the company.
- Additional Funds - We offer employees a monthly wellness fund to be spent on anything physical and/or mental wellbeing related. We also provide a quarterly happiness fund to be used toward anything that makes our employees happy!
Pulumi is reimagining how developers and DevOps teams create and manage cloud software, through a unique combination of developer tools and system innovation. The company leads with an open source platform that embraces real programming languages, tools, and techniques, and offers an innovative SaaS product that helps team collaborate.
Pulumi was founded in 2017 by developer and cloud experts from many corners of our industry to deliver innovative approaches to cloud software development. Since emerging from stealth in mid-2018, we are accelerating our platform momentum and product adoption. The team is built on a culture of openness, diversity, respect, and thinking big.
At Pulumi, we don't just accept difference, we look for it, celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our customers. Pulumi is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.