Regional Director of Enterprise Sales
We are looking for a passionate Regional Director of Enterprise Sales that is excited to bring Pulumi’s cloud engineering model to the world. You will be a part of realizing a vision where every developer can harness the power of the cloud.
The Regional Director of Enterprise Sales will help develop and expand an existing team of Enterprise Account Executives with the purpose of driving our Enterprise business in your region. This will be done by systematically expanding the relationships with existing high-potential customers, converting from established sources of prospective enterprise clients within our OSS and self-serve community. In parallel, there will be a core focus on developing our outbound motion by landing key accounts where Pulumi’s offering provides our ICP extreme value. This leader will be able to achieve these results by understanding how to capitalize on Pulumi’s OSS product led growth motion in Enterprises, expanding our footprint with a strong client base, and most importantly continue developing a culture of success by recruiting and retaining amazing people.
At Pulumi you will be challenged, learn, teach, and collaborate with an elite team of great people.
While Pulumi is headquartered in Seattle, WA., this role be remote US.
What We Are Looking For:
- Success in hiring, leading, and developing high performing teams
- Lead and manage a customer focused team of Enterprise Account Executives to deliver customer business value and develop customer relationships
- Ability to influence key stakeholders within our customers and inside of Pulumi
- Ability to orchestrate and align decision makers around a common objective
- Deep understanding of SaaS / Cloud Go-To-Market and the required roles for effective customer engagement
- Facilitate and develop ongoing internal partnerships with various business units including Sales Engineering, Customer Experience and Marketing
- Ability to accurately forecast
- Ensure effective prospecting, up selling/cross selling, and pipeline development
- Maintain consistent implementation of effective sales processes for optimum performance and success of the organization
To Be Successful In This Role:
- The successful candidate is an inspiring leader of people who can recruit and retain exceptional sales talent, support the team in delivering on the agreed metrics, work alongside the team to exceed the targets, all the while leading from the front
- High integrity, transparent in internal communications
- Ability to identify and recruit a team of top-notch Enterprise Sales Executives
- Create an open, inclusive team oriented environment, building a results-driven culture of accountability and transparency
- Lead by example, set expectations, follow through effectively and provide coaching and mentorship as needed and ensure that managers do the same for their team
- Be accountable for consistently delivering and overachieving against targets ensuring Pulumi’s goals, and objectives are achieved consistently and sustainably
- Ability to drive compelling Customer engagements with senior executives in Engineering and/or IT Operations
- Familiarity with key sales approaches like MEDDPICC, Challenger, Force Management messaging
- Systematic implementer of rigorous sales processes. You have proven that rigorous adherence to sales stages leads to better-quality execution and higher forecast accuracy
- Experience with OSS Product-Led-Growth not necessary, but eager to learn and capitalize on how PLG can help drive Enterprise sales.
- Ability to provide situational coaching and advice and help guide deals to closure
- Background in selling SaaS products and consumption models a plus
- Technical aptitude, and ability to learn new concepts quickly
- You will be a great fit for us if you have : 5+ years experience with Enterprise sales in the software industry. 1+ years experience as a first line sales leader
- Base Salary Hiring Range: $150K - $185K (OTE Range: $300K - $370K)
- All full time employee offers at Pulumi include base salary, bonus or variable, equity and benefits (details below).
- Regional Sales Director roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary
- Health - We offer competitive medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance. It is free for our direct employees to be on our insurance.
- Time Off - Unlimited personal time off (PTO) we ask that employees take at least 3 weeks off during the year in addition to the two annual company-wide wellness weeks and 13 US holidays.
- 401K with employer match
- Parental Leave - 20 weeks paid parental leave for the birthing parent or primary caregiver, and 16 for non-birthing parent or secondary caregiver.
- Remote-First - We are a 100% remote-first company with employees in nearly 20 states, and growing internationally; we encourage asynchronous communication and autonomy. We also provide an annual work from anywhere fund to help cover the employee costs of working remotely.
- Professional Development & Growth - We encourage a lifelong learning mindset and every employee is given an annual professional development budget.
- Equity - As a small but growing startup, we all act like owners and you will earn equity in the company.
- Additional Funds - We offer employees a monthly wellness fund to be spent on anything physical and/or mental wellbeing related. We also provide a quarterly happiness fund to be used toward anything that makes our employees happy!
Pulumi is reimagining how developers and DevOps teams create and manage cloud software, through a unique combination of developer tools and system innovation. The company leads with an open source platform that embraces real programming languages, tools, and techniques, and offers an innovative SaaS product that helps team collaborate.
Pulumi was founded in 2017 by developer and cloud experts from many corners of our industry to deliver innovative approaches to cloud software development. Since emerging from stealth in mid-2018, we are accelerating our platform momentum and product adoption. The team is built on a culture of openness, diversity, respect, and thinking big.
At Pulumi, we don't just accept difference, we look for it, celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our customers. Pulumi is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.