Senior Full Stack Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer who is excited to bring Pulumi’s cloud programming model to the world. You will be a part of realizing a vision where every developer can harness the power of the cloud.
The Cloud Engineering Platform (CEP) team is enabling Platform engineering productivity. Platform teams provide self-service capabilities with automated infrastructure operations to accelerate application delivery and improve developer experience. Here is just a taste of what the CEP team is working on:
- Pulumi ESC to tack configuration complexity and secrets spawl.
- Pulumi Deployments to enable continuous delivery of infrastructure.
- Pulumi Insights to easily search and understand your existing infrastructure.
At Pulumi you will be challenged, learn, teach, and collaborate with an elite team of great people.
In order to succeed at Pulumi, you will need to resonate with the following values:
- We succeed and fail as a team
- An inclusive environment bubbles the best ideas to the top
- Our customers sit at the center of every decision
- We achieve the best results through openness and honesty, even when uncomfortable
- Work smart, but bias for action and results
- Our natural curiosity for technology keeps us always learning
- Think big, dream, and define the future of engineering in the cloud
While Pulumi is headquartered in Seattle, WA, we are dedicated to being a remote-first company. This role will be located remotely in the United States.
In This Role You Will:
- Work with the team and PMs to clarify requirements.
- Design simple, cost-effective solutions for features. aiming for security, scalability, and performance. Our features must work both in our cloud and in a self-hosted environment.
- Code across our full stack (Angular/Typescript, Nodejs, Golang for API development).
- Participate in code reviews and design reviews.
We’re Looking For Someone With:
- Loves to write code to solve customer problems
- Works to clarify ambiguity
- Proficient in modern cloud-based systems architecture and distributed systems.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, first principles, critical thinking skills, good design sensibilities.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Base Salary Hiring Range: $166-$209,000
- All full-time employee offers at Pulumi include base salary, bonus or variable, equity and benefits (details below).
- Health - We offer competitive medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance. It is free for our direct employees to be on our insurance.
- Time Off - Unlimited personal time off (PTO) we ask that employees take at least 3 weeks off during the year in addition to the two annual company-wide wellness weeks and 13 US holidays.
- 401K with employer match
- Parental Leave - 20 weeks paid parental leave for the birthing parent or primary caregiver, and 16 for non-birthing parent or secondary caregiver.
- Remote-First - We are a 100% remote-first company with employees in nearly 20 states, and growing internationally; we encourage asynchronous communication and autonomy. We also provide an annual work from anywhere fund to help cover the employee costs of working remotely.
- Professional Development & Growth - We encourage a lifelong learning mindset and every employee is given an annual professional development budget.
- Equity - As a small but growing startup, we all act like owners and you will earn equity in the company.
- Additional Funds - We offer employees a monthly wellness fund to be spent on anything physical and/or mental wellbeing related. We also provide a quarterly happiness fund to be used toward anything that makes our employees happy!
Pulumi is reimagining how developers and DevOps teams create and manage cloud software, through a unique combination of developer tools and system innovation. The company leads with an open source platform that embraces real programming languages, tools, and techniques, and offers an innovative SaaS product that helps teams collaborate.
Pulumi was founded in 2017 by developer and cloud experts from many corners of our industry to deliver innovative approaches to cloud software development. Since emerging from stealth in mid-2018, we are accelerating our platform momentum and product adoption. The team is built on a culture of openness, diversity, respect, and thinking big.
At Pulumi, we don't just accept difference, we look for it, celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our customers. Pulumi is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.