Principal UX Designer
Pulumi’s mission is to democratize the cloud for every engineer. Its open-source infrastructure as code tool enables engineers to write infrastructure code in programming languages they already know and love, and deploy infrastructure on any cloud. With the Pulumi Platform, engineers can write and ship infrastructure code faster, leverage AI to boost productivity, do more with less through infrastructure automation, and search resources across any cloud.
We employ a unique philosophy toward achieving this goal:
- We succeed and fail as a team
- An inclusive environment bubbles the best ideas to the top
- Our customers sit at the center of every decision
- We achieve the best results through openness and honesty, even when uncomfortable
- Work smart, but bias for action and results
- Our natural curiosity for technology keeps us always learning
- Think big, dream, and define the future of engineering in the cloud
While Pulumi is headquartered in Seattle, WA., we are dedicated to being a remote first company. This role will be located remotely in the United States.
You’ll be joining a UX team that builds all the product experiences for Pulumi AI, Pulumi Cloud, Pulumi Deployments and Pulumi ESC. This is a unique opportunity where you can design and own entire products from the ground up in a fast growing industry. You will work closely with customers: we connect weekly with customers, work with users in our Slack community, and have an entire community of open source users who open issues and report bugs. As a Principal UX designer you will regularly talk to these users in order to empathize with them and anticipate their needs. At Pulumi we are all owners, we operate in a high ownership and high trust environment where you can build your own vision in your area and work towards a common goal in the company as a whole.
- Lead UX design projects for Pulumi Cloud, which will include building out our design system, rethinking our console look and feel, and new features. Contribute to the strategy and design of useful, usable, and desirable product experiences in a team environment with lean resources.
- Collaborate closely with other UX designers, engineers, and product managers. Influence partner teams and be a mentor to other designers.
- Able to integrate user research, competitive analysis, data analysis, and other inputs to independently complete information architecture, interface layout, workflow, UI design, and design specifications.
- Advocate and empathize with our users. Have a point of view about our users and represent their voice.
- Help build and inform our design system, processes, and culture.
- Present design work to the user experience team, product team, and executives for review and feedback.
- 7+ years of experience as a user experience designer
- Have an available online portfolio, ideally with examples of working on a software-as-a-service product
- Experience using Figma to create and communicate concepts, wireframes and detailed design solutions
- A problem solver with a bias for action who can act with autonomy and determine their own roadmap
- Experience in lifecycle design projects from design strategy through execution
- Experience providing and effectively communicating strategic and tactical recommendations based on data
- Ability to edit HTML and CSS to make quick changes without the help from an engineer
- Front end development experience a plus
- 2+ years of experience working on an Enterprise (B2B) SaaS product
- Bonus if familiar with the cloud industry
- Base Salary Hiring Range: $171,000 to $215,500
- All full time employee offers at Pulumi include base salary, bonus or variable, equity and benefits (details below).
- Health (US Only) - We offer competitive medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance. It is free for our direct employees to be on our insurance.
- Time Off - Unlimited personal time off (PTO) we ask that employees take at least 3 weeks off during the year in addition to the two annual company-wide wellness weeks and 13 US holidays.
- 401K (US Only) - with employer match
- Parental Leave - 20 weeks paid parental leave for the birthing parent or primary caregiver, and 16 for non-birthing parent or secondary caregiver.
- Remote-First - We are a 100% remote-first company with employees in nearly 20 states, and growing internationally; we encourage asynchronous communication and autonomy. We also provide an annual work from anywhere fund to help cover the employee costs of working remotely.
- Professional Development & Growth - We encourage a lifelong learning mindset and every employee is given an annual professional development budget.
- Equity - As a small but growing startup, we all act like owners and you will earn equity in the company.
- Additional Funds - We offer employees a monthly wellness fund to be spent on anything physical and/or mental wellbeing related. We also provide a quarterly happiness fund to be used toward anything that makes our employees happy!
Pulumi is reimagining how developers and DevOps teams create and manage cloud software, through a unique combination of developer tools and system innovation. The company leads with an open source platform that embraces real programming languages, tools, and techniques, and offers an innovative SaaS product that helps teams collaborate.
Pulumi was founded in 2017 by developer and cloud experts from many corners of our industry to deliver innovative approaches to cloud software development. Since emerging from stealth in mid-2018, we are accelerating our platform momentum and product adoption. The team is built on a culture of openness, diversity, respect, and thinking big.
At Pulumi, we don't just accept difference, we look for it, celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our customers. Pulumi is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.