Customer Success Architect (US West)
We are looking for a Customer Success Architect that is excited to bring Pulumi’s cloud programming model to the world. You will be a part of realizing a vision where every developer can harness the power of the cloud.
As an early member of our Customer Engineering organization, you will assume immediate responsibilities in Enterprise engagements, embedding with the world’s most advanced cloud engineering teams, providing industry-leading technical guidance, and onboarding services vehicle focus on adoption and promoting the business value of Pulumi. This is a customer-facing technical role where your contributions to customer engagements will quickly establish the underpin reference architectures and cloud best practices. You’ll work with a set of our largest customers and drive business outcomes that tie together customer value realization and revenue growth for Pulumi. Our Customer Success Architect team is focused on helping Pulumi Enterprises and Born in the Cloud customers rapidly execute and optimize their usage of Pulumi across all of their cloud projects and teams.
At Pulumi you will be challenged, learn, teach, and collaborate with an elite team of great people.
While Pulumi is headquartered in Seattle, WA., we are dedicated to being a remote first company. This role will be located remotely in Seattle, WA or the Bay Area.
In This Role You Will:
- Act as a trusted advisor and an extension of some of the world’s most sophisticated cloud and platform engineering teams by providing timely, responsive and collaborative engagement with your assigned accounts, and coordinating with distributed teams to accomplish asynchronous objectives and actions.
- Be accountable for success within a subset of named accounts through adoption, use case expansion, value realizations, and (ultimately) revenue growth for Pulumi. These actions also include on-boarding, continuous enablement and provide proactive technical support.
- Learn and be responsible for deliverables and reference architectures spanning programming languages, infrastructure providers and open-source and commercial cloud services.
- Build relationships with practitioners and executives with our most valued customers.
- Work alongside Pulumi Account Executives to map accounts and drive deeper engagements horizontally across your customer segment.
- Close the loop between customers, product and engineering teams, championing the product to the customer and bringing their requirements to the roadmap.
- Be challenged, solve new problems, teach about our technologies, and figure out new and better ways to delight our customers.
We’re Looking For Someone With:
- 5+ years of experience in complex enterprise software solutions engineering, consulting or architecture,customer success roles, or highly relatable functions involving discovery, scoping, prioritization, and managing cloud architecture and deliverables.
- 3+ years in a customer-facing role, including experience organizing and managing customer engagements, expectations, outcomes, and emotions both proactively and reactively.
- Familiarity with customer QBR meetings, conducting customer training sessions, facilitating customer briefings, and addressing troubleshooting issues is also beneficial.
- Deep familiarity with core web infrastructure, application modernization, and software development best practices, Open Source technologies, public and private cloud platforms.
- Proficiency in using at least one infrastructure-as-Code tool (eg. Pulumi, Terraform, AWS CDK), and should be comfortable authoring readable maintainable code in one or more of the following; Python, TypeScript, GO, Java, C#, .NET, F#
- Drive to influence revenue and pride in growth of business channels.
- Experience building positive professional relationships with developers and executives.
- Impeccable written, verbal and in-person communication skills.
- Comfort working with ambiguity, charting a course, and driving to execute.
- Base Salary Hiring Range: $135,000 - $190,000
- This role will include a 30% commission/variable along with base salary.
- All full time employee offers at Pulumi include base salary, bonus/variable/commission, equity and benefits (details below).
- Health (US Only) - We offer competitive medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance. It is free for our direct employees to be on our insurance.
- Time Off - Unlimited personal time off (PTO) we ask that employees take at least 3 weeks off during the year in addition to the two annual company-wide wellness weeks and 13 US holidays.
- 401K (US Only) - with employer match
- Parental Leave - 20 weeks paid parental leave for the birthing parent or primary caregiver, and 16 for non-birthing parent or secondary caregiver.
- Remote-First - We are a 100% remote-first company with employees in nearly 20 states, and growing internationally; we encourage asynchronous communication and autonomy. We also provide an annual work from anywhere fund to help cover the employee costs of working remotely.
- Professional Development & Growth - We encourage a lifelong learning mindset and every employee is given an annual professional development budget.
- Equity - As a small but growing startup, we all act like owners and you will earn equity in the company.
- Additional Funds - We offer employees a monthly wellness fund to be spent on anything physical and/or mental wellbeing related. We also provide a quarterly happiness fund to be used toward anything that makes our employees happy!
Pulumi is reimagining how developers and DevOps teams create and manage cloud software, through a unique combination of developer tools and system innovation. The company leads with an open source platform that embraces real programming languages, tools, and techniques, and offers an innovative SaaS product that helps teams collaborate.
Pulumi was founded in 2017 by developer and cloud experts from many corners of our industry to deliver innovative approaches to cloud software development. Since emerging from stealth in mid-2018, we are accelerating our platform momentum and product adoption. The team is built on a culture of openness, diversity, respect, and thinking big.
At Pulumi, we don't just accept difference, we look for it, celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our customers. Pulumi is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.