Solutions Engineer (US Southeast)
We are looking for a passionate Solutions Engineer that is excited to bring Pulumi’s cloud programming model to the world. You will be a part of realizing a vision where every developer can harness the power of the cloud.
As an early member of our Customer Experience team, you will partner with the Sales team as the technical lead and customer advocate throughout the sales cycle. You will engage with the world’s most advanced cloud engineering teams to provide industry-leading technical guidance and recommendations.
At Pulumi you will be challenged, learn, teach, and collaborate with an elite team of great people.
While Pulumi is headquartered in Seattle, WA., we are dedicated to being a remote first company. This role will be located remotely in Atlanta, Charlotte or Nashville.
In This Role You Will:
- Partner with the Sales team to articulate the value, visions, and strategy of Pulumi to our customers.
- Own the technical pre-sales engagement including, technical discovery, demos, proof-of-concepts and ensuring the technical win.
- Technically close complex opportunities through advanced competitive knowledge, technical skills and credibility.
- Act as a trusted advisor to some of the most sophisticated cloud and platform engineering teams in the world.
- Deliver product and technical presentations to potential clients at customer meetings and Pulumi events.
- Be a customer advocate, closing the loop between customers, product teams and engineering, championing the product to the customer and bringing their requirements to the roadmap.
- Be challenged, solve new problems, teach about our technologies, and figure out new, better ways to delight our customers.
We’re Looking For Someone With:
- Deep familiarity with core cloud-based infrastructure, application modernization, Open Source technologies, and public and private cloud platforms.
- Demonstrated experience in software development and related best practices.
- Proficiency in at least one Infrastructure-as-Code tool (eg. Pulumi, Terraform, AWS CDK)
- Knowledge and experience with one or more of the following languages; Go, Python, TypeScript, C# or Java.
- 5+ years of experience in a technical customer-facing role such as solution engineering, consulting or technical support role. Demonstrated experience in organizing and managing customer engagements, expectations and outcomes both proactively and reactively.
- Experience building positive professional relationships with developers and executives.
- Impeccable written, verbal, and in-person communication skills.
- Comfortable working with ambiguity, charting a course, and driving to execute.
- Solutions Engineer - Base Salary Hiring Range: $115,000 - $143,000
- Solutions Architect - Base Salary Hiring Range: $147,000 - $190,000
- This role will include a 30% commission/variable along with base salary.
- All full time employee offers at Pulumi include base salary, bonus or variable, equity and benefits (details below).
- Health (US Only) - We offer competitive medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance. It is free for our direct employees to be on our insurance.
- Time Off - Unlimited personal time off (PTO) we ask that employees take at least 3 weeks off during the year in addition to the two annual company-wide wellness weeks and 13 US holidays.
- 401K (US Only) - with employer match
- Parental Leave - 20 weeks paid parental leave for the birthing parent or primary caregiver, and 16 for non-birthing parent or secondary caregiver.
- Remote-First - We are a 100% remote-first company with employees in nearly 20 states, and growing internationally; we encourage asynchronous communication and autonomy. We also provide an annual work from anywhere fund to help cover the employee costs of working remotely.
- Professional Development & Growth - We encourage a lifelong learning mindset and every employee is given an annual professional development budget.
- Equity - As a small but growing startup, we all act like owners and you will earn equity in the company.
- Additional Funds - We offer employees a monthly wellness fund to be spent on anything physical and/or mental wellbeing related. We also provide a quarterly happiness fund to be used toward anything that makes our employees happy!
Pulumi is reimagining how developers and DevOps teams create and manage cloud software, through a unique combination of developer tools and system innovation. The company leads with an open source platform that embraces real programming languages, tools, and techniques, and offers an innovative SaaS product that helps teams collaborate.
Pulumi was founded in 2017 by developer and cloud experts from many corners of our industry to deliver innovative approaches to cloud software development. Since emerging from stealth in mid-2018, we are accelerating our platform momentum and product adoption. The team is built on a culture of openness, diversity, respect, and thinking big.
At Pulumi, we don't just accept difference, we look for it, celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our customers. Pulumi is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.