Commercial Account Executive
Who We Are
Simpplr is the leading AI-powered employee experience platform. Organizations use our forward-looking, adaptable products to deliver personalized experiences that inspire and engage their employees. Wherever people work, Simpplr enables them to flourish.
Trusted by more than 700+ leading brands, including Penske, Snowflake, Moderna, Eurostar, and AAA, our customers are achieving measurable improvements in employee engagement, productivity, and accelerated business performance.
Simpplr is headquartered in Silicon Valley, CA with offices in the UK, Canada, and India, and is backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Salesforce Ventures, and Tola Capital. Learn more at simpplr.com.
As a Commercial Account Executive, you will help drive Simpplr’s growth by cultivating relationships with target prospects, navigating them through complex sales cycles, and converting them into happy customers. You are an adept sales person, capable of engaging in business-level and technical conversations at multiple levels within our target organizations.
You have an in-depth understanding of the buyer journey and can lead a complex, multi-party sale in a highly consultative manner. You get excited about prospecting and are capable of independently leading a sales cycle from start to finish. Finally, you enjoy building and like to actively participate in the development of our sales process, the articulation of our value proposition, and the creation of key tools and assets.
Your Job Responsibilities
What you will be doing:
- Manage the end-to-end sales process to meet or exceed bookings and revenue goals in alignment with the company’s core values
- Build 4X pipeline to ensure successful achievement of ARR targets
- Create quarterly forecasts against established targets and contribute to weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual sales cadence meetings
- Articulate path to closure and key tactical steps for all deals
- Develop winning proposals encompassing all aspects of Simpplr platform, business case and ROI metrics
- Negotiate pricing and contractual terms to close sales as required
- Accurately forecast monthly and quarterly bookings and manage a tight pipeline
- Learn, master and apply the playbook and defined sales processes
- Collaborate with internal resources such as Solutions Consultants as part of our team selling approach
What your internal support structure will look like:
- Sales Development Representative team will help develop opportunities through outbound prospecting and inbound qualifying
- Solutions team will support deals by performing demonstrations, trial support, and any other technical and/or SME requirements
- Strong leadership with 50+ years of software experience ready to invest in your success
- Post-sale Implementation and Customer Success teams with highly skilled team members to ensure positive outcomes after contract execution
What makes you a great fit for the team:
- 3+ years of field sales experience in technology / software industry
- 5+ years of overall sales experience
- Proven track record of excellence in sales where you have exceeded quota, accelerated close rates, and generated growth
- Proven track record of $50k+ ARR SaaS deals with customers over 500 employees
- Startup sales experience is highly desirable
- Highly adept at working on complex sales cycles (various stakeholders, multiple LOBs, complicated decision process and decision criteria)
- Experience in selling SaaS and enterprise cloud applications. Experience with CRM, Salesforce, HR, intranet, collaboration, chat or enterprise social a plus
- Superior communication skills (both for internal and external clients), strong leadership qualities, and team-oriented business values are essential
- Simpplr’s ideal target profile for a commercial account is between 500 – 2,500 employees
- Existing relationships in target profile accounts a plus
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base pay for this role is between $120,000 - $180,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity and benefits.
Simpplr is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.
See what our employees say about working at Simpplr: Glassdoor Reviews
Simpplr’s Hub-Hybrid-Remote Model:
At Simpplr we believe that when work is good, life is better and that belief guides all we do. Including how we approach our flexible work model. Simpplr operates with a Hub-Hybrid-Remote model. This model is role-based with exceptions and provides employees with the flexibility that many have told us they want.
- Hub - 100% work from Simpplr office. Role requires Simpplifier to be in the office full-time.
- Hybrid - Hybrid work from home and office. Role dictates the ability to work from home, plus benefit from in-person collaboration on a regular basis.
- Remote - 100% remote. Role can be done anywhere within your country of hire, as long as the requirements of the role are met.