Sr. Product Manager, Content Recommendation
Who We Are
Simpplr is the leading AI-powered employee experience platform. Organizations use our forward-looking, adaptable products to deliver personalized experiences that inspire and engage their employees. Wherever people work, Simpplr enables them to flourish.
Trusted by more than 700+ leading brands, including Penske, Snowflake, Moderna, Eurostar, and AAA, our customers are achieving measurable improvements in employee engagement, productivity, and accelerated business performance.
Simpplr is headquartered in Silicon Valley, CA with offices in the UK, Canada, and India, and is backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Salesforce Ventures, and Tola Capital. Learn more at simpplr.com.
As a Sr. Product Manager, expect your creative, analytical, and leadership skills to be called upon from day one. You’ll work alongside incredibly talented product managers, designers, data scientists and engineers, collaboratively building world-class ML products that solve our customer’s greatest challenges and transform the way that teams work.
This is a great opportunity to join a team as a founding PM responsible for a product that is defining the way companies engage and connect with their employees.
In this role, you'll be tasked with developing and carrying out the plan to provide more relevant content recommendations in Simpplr's main feed, carousel, tile, email or newsletter. You'll work cross functionally with engineering, data science, research, and product experience teams to develop and execute on plans on one of Simpplr’s top priorities. You’ll coordinate understanding and analysis priorities, own the product roadmap and develop execution plans for the team, ship major improvements to Simpplr’s main feed and content recommendation and represent the product to leadership and external audiences.
Your Job Responsibilities
What you will be doing:
- Work with a cross-functional team of passionate engineers, data scientists, product managers, and UX designers through iterative releases
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Develop detailed product requirements
- Lead the ideation, development, and launch of innovative product features. You’ll own and drive specific projects from start to finish
- Author application documentation, training guides, and related materials
- Set product direction and make decisions based on user feedback, user research, and data insights to deliver a phenomenal product experience for our customers
What makes you a great fit for the team:
- 15+ years of tech industry experience, 10+ years of which are within Product Management with SaaS or software solutions
- 5+ years of experience shipping machine learning and content recommendation products
- Strong understanding of behavioral economics: encouraging positive end-user behavior without mandating it
- Proven experience as a Product Manager in a technology company, preferably with social aspects features and products, communication tools, smart feed or content recommendations
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or a related field
- Entrepreneurial: Willing to work in a fast-paced environment, with competing priorities, and willing to make calls with limited information. Comfortable operating in a dynamic, fluid organization
- Technical: Comfortable with delving into the product, the platform, and the implementation details. Able to engage with engineers and data scientists beyond just product and user experience needs
- Metrics-driven: Having an inclination for identifying, defining, tracking and acting upon metrics
- Communicator: Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to convey strategy and rationale for priorities, and tradeoffs at a high level. Engage with engineering and design through detailed technical specifications and/or wireframes.
- A self-starter: High degree of self-direction and independent drive
We’d especially like to hear from you if you have experience with:
- Content recommendation and personalized user experience: how to promote recommended content over multiple real-estate items, platforms and channels
- Smart feed or social aspects communication
- Behavioral economics business problems, like influencing user behaviors
- New user onboarding tools and features like Pendo, “Walk me”, etc.
See what our employees say about working at Simpplr: Glassdoor Reviews
Simpplr’s Hub-Hybrid-Remote Model:
At Simpplr we believe that when work is good, life is better and that belief guides all we do. Including how we approach our flexible work model. Simpplr operates with a Hub-Hybrid-Remote model. This model is role-based with exceptions and provides employees with the flexibility that many have told us they want.
- Hub - 100% work from Simpplr office. Role requires Simpplifier to be in the office full-time.
- Hybrid - Hybrid work from home and office. Role dictates the ability to work from home, plus benefit from in-person collaboration on a regular basis.
- Remote - 100% remote. Role can be done anywhere within your country of hire, as long as the requirements of the role are met.