Sr. Full Stack Engineer
Canada · Remote
Posted on Friday, April 21, 2023
The workplace is undergoing a complete transformation. Today with the rise in hybrid working and expectation of employee personal choice, use of the workplace has become completely unpredictable. In order for workplace and real estate leaders to effectively manage space and serve today's employees, they need to fully understand physical space and how people are using it in real-time. This ability is called spatial intelligence, and VergeSense is the leader in providing these insights, which lead to reduced real estate costs, improved employee retention, and better sustainability.
VergeSense is the leading workplace analytics platform used by innovative Fortune 500 companies across the world. These businesses use VergeSense to transform their static office into a dynamic workplace that matches today's employee needs and expectations. Powered by intelligent sensors and AI-driven insights, customers rely on VergeSense to reduce or reinvest real estate, improve building operations, and create spaces that meet today's employee expectations.
We are looking for a Sr. Full Stack Engineer to join the software engineering team. This is a high impact role where you will have the opportunity to work on the core VergeSense Occupancy Intelligence Platform. This platform is built on a stack of React, Ruby/Ruby on Rails, and TimescaleDB and Snowflake. We run our application in a multi-cloud environment on both AWS and Azure.
The Occupancy Intelligence Platform helps our customers understand their patterns of space usage throughout their portfolio while serving as the interface for all analytics data that VergeSense generates on behalf of customers. In this role you would help drive core customer facing features that are a part of this platform. This includes the visualizations and analytics presented to customers through our dashboards, the transferring, aggregation, and storage of data pertaining to these features, and the APIs and webhooks that customers use to programmatically interface with VergeSense data.
VergeSense expects senior engineers to be technical leaders within the team possessing both depth of knowledge and broad influence. Senior engineers are strong communicators, passionate mentors, and effective cross-functional operators.
About the Job
- This is an individual contributor role with significant impact both within the software engineering team and on the product teams you will collaborate with
- You will be responsible for technical roadmaps and will collaborate with with various departments to shape the overall product roadmap
- You will be a strategic thought partner for leaders across the organization on driving business impact through application feature delivery
- You will coach and mentor the next generation of strong engineers on the team
- This position reports to the Director, Software: Data and Analytics position
- Have 6+ years of industry experience
- Deep understanding of OOP and API design patterns particularly in the implementation of RESTful services
- Experience working with a relational datastore such as PostgreSQL at scale
- Experience working with time-series data preferred but not required
- Strong communicator who can collaborate with diverse stakeholders across all levels
- Passion for writing clean, high-quality, high-performance, maintainable code
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience
• A high-impact role in an emerging industry leader
• Competitive compensation and equity
• Employer-sponsored medical, dental and vision insurance
• Open Vacation policy: take time off when you need it
We value people from all walks of life who exhibit kindness, curiosity, discipline, humility, and passion to excel at what they do. If you would like to contribute to our team, we encourage you to apply.
See more open positions at VergeSense
Something looks off?