Accounting & Finance
Remote · United States
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2023
The workplace has undergone a complete transformation. Historically, occupancy was consistent; everyone worked in-office five days per week. But post-pandemic, occupancy is inconsistent, unpredictable, and dynamic, as work has become more flexible than ever before. In order to make decisions with confidence, workplace, CRE, and facilities management leaders need a true understanding of how and when their spaces are used.
VergeSense is the company behind the world’s first and only Occupancy Intelligence Platform. Over 170 companies across 43 countries and 75M sqft rely on occupancy intelligence to make confident, fact-based optimization decisions to improve employee experience and decrease costs. VergeSense customers use our platform, which is built on a foundation of the industry's most accurate occupancy sensors, to right-size their portfolio, validate space planning and designs, optimize cleaning operations, and ensure their teams can always find spaces to work.
The Staff Accountant will work remotely reporting to the Accounting Manager. This person will support the Accounting and Finance department including but not limited to overall accounting tasks and reconciliations within the organization. This position will participate in all accounting processes and requires strong communication skills, excellent customer service, professionalism, and accounting skills.
• Ownership of A/P, credit cards, and employee expenses and reimbursements
• Ensure transactions involved in the complete accounting cycle are recorded with utmost
• Complete daily accounting tasks such as recording cash receipts and processing
• Prepare monthly journal entries and supporting schedules.
• Complete monthly account and revenue reconciliations.
• Perform accounting best practices, GAAP principles, and ensure company policies are maintained.
• Perform other tasks as assigned.
• Inventory tracking and reconciliations.
• Assist with cash flow forecasting.
• Assist in year-end Audit and Tax supporting documents.
• Assist in ongoing internal processes to push for efficiencies, automation, and accuracy of financial management and financial systems.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting required
• Familiarity with the SaaS/ PaaS industry, regulations, and revenue recognition
• Minimum of 2 years experience in Accounting/Finance functions
• Experience with Netsuite preferred
• Experience with Tipalti and Ramp-nice to have
• Must have the ability to build and maintain strong relationships
• Ability to learn industry-specific software programs
• Ability to work and react quickly in a fast-paced environment
• Knowledge and experience with spreadsheets
• Ability to work independently
• Analytical skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Attention to detail, accuracy, and multi-tasking is essential.
• Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively within a team
• A high-impact role in an emerging industry leader
• Competitive compensation and equity
• Employer-sponsored medical, dental and vision insurance
• Open Vacation policy: take time off when you need it
We value people from all walks of life who exhibit kindness, curiosity, discipline, humility, and passion to excel at what they do. If you would like to contribute to our team, we encourage you to apply.