Sr. Full Stack Engineer
Remote · Canada
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
The workplace has undergone a complete transformation. Historically, occupancy was consistent; everyone worked in-office five days per week. But post-pandemic, occupancy is inconsistent, unpredictable, and dynamic, as work has become more flexible than ever before. To make decisions with confidence, workplace, CRE, and facilities management leaders need a true understanding of how and when their spaces are used.
VergeSense is the company behind the world’s first and only Occupancy Intelligence Platform. Over 200 companies across 45 countries and 100M sqft rely on occupancy intelligence to make confident, fact-based optimization decisions to improve employee experience and decrease costs. VergeSense customers use our platform, which is built on a foundation of the industry's most accurate occupancy sensors, to right-size their portfolio, validate space planning and designs, optimize cleaning operations, and ensure their teams can always find spaces to work.
We are looking for a Sr. Full Stack Engineer to join the software engineering team. This is a high impact role where you will have the opportunity to work on the core VergeSense Occupancy Intelligence Platform. This platform is built on a stack of React, Ruby/Ruby on Rails, and TimescaleDB and Snowflake. We run our application in a multi-cloud environment on both AWS and Azure.
The Occupancy Intelligence Platform helps our customers understand their patterns of space usage throughout their portfolio while serving as the interface for all analytics data that VergeSense generates on behalf of customers. In this role you would help drive core customer facing features that are a part of this platform. This includes the visualizations and analytics presented to customers through our dashboards, the transferring, aggregation, and storage of data pertaining to these features, and the APIs and webhooks that customers use to programmatically interface with VergeSense data.
VergeSense expects senior engineers to be technical leaders within the team possessing both depth of knowledge and broad influence. Senior engineers are strong communicators, passionate mentors, and effective cross-functional operators.
About the Job
- This is an individual contributor role with significant impact both within the software engineering team and on the product teams you will collaborate with
- You will be responsible for technical roadmaps and will collaborate with with various departments to shape the overall product roadmap
- You will be a strategic thought partner for leaders across the organization on driving business impact through application feature delivery
- You will coach and mentor the next generation of strong engineers on the team
- This position reports to the Director, Software: Data and Analytics position
- Have 6+ years of industry experience
- Deep understanding of OOP and API design patterns particularly in the implementation of RESTful services
- Experience working with a relational datastore such as PostgreSQL at scale
- Experience working with time-series data preferred but not required
- Strong communicator who can collaborate with diverse stakeholders across all levels
- Passion for writing clean, high-quality, high-performance, maintainable code
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience
• A high-impact role in an emerging industry leader
• Competitive compensation and equity
• Employer-sponsored medical
• Dental and vision insurance (dependent on location)
• Open Vacation policy: take time off when you need it
We value people from all walks of life who exhibit kindness, curiosity, discipline, humility, and passion to excel at what they do. If you would like to contribute to our team, we encourage you to apply.