Business Development Representative
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Saturday, January 6, 2024
The workplace has undergone a complete transformation. Historically, occupancy was consistent; everyone worked in-office five days per week. But post-pandemic, occupancy is inconsistent, unpredictable, and dynamic, as work has become more flexible than ever before. To make decisions with confidence, workplace, CRE, and facilities management leaders need a true understanding of how and when their spaces are used.
VergeSense is the company behind the world’s first and only Occupancy Intelligence Platform. Over 200 companies across 45 countries and 100M sqft rely on occupancy intelligence to make confident, fact-based optimization decisions to improve employee experience and decrease costs. VergeSense customers use our platform, which is built on a foundation of the industry's most accurate occupancy sensors, to right-size their portfolio, validate space planning and designs, optimize cleaning operations, and ensure their teams can always find spaces to work.
VergeSense is forming our first EMEA Business Development Representative (BDR) Group. The early BDRs will be responsible for initiating the first phases of acquiring new customers.
As an early member of our team, you are the first line of communication with prospects. You should have a strong understanding of the sales process, excelling at researching leads, starting new relationships, and setting our Account Executives up for success. You should be a quick learner with strong communication skills (verbal and written), and have the ability to showcase our offerings compellingly.
We envision this position as a path to greater roles within the company.
What We're Looking For
• English as your native language, a second language such as Dutch, German, or French preferred but not required
• Familiarity with the UKI enterprise market as your main territory
• This position follows our hybrid working strategy with 2-3 days of work in our Amsterdam office, where our regional leadership is based as well
• Bachelor’s degree or 2 years of relevant work experience Some level of sales experience
• Strong communication skills via phone and email
• Grit, thrives at outbound communication, not afraid to pick up the phone
• Proven creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills
• Strong desire and ability to move up within a sales organization
• Proficiency with Salesforce or other CRM software
• Proficiency with LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Zoominfo, SalesLoft, or other networking tools
• Prior experience as a sales development rep with a track record of achieving sales quota
• A high-impact role in an emerging industry leader
• Competitive compensation and equity
• Employer-sponsored medical
• Dental and vision insurance (dependent on location)
• Open Vacation policy: take time off when you need it
We value people from all walks of life who exhibit kindness, curiosity, discipline, humility, and passion to excel at what they do. If you would like to contribute to our team, we encourage you to apply.