Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack
Who We Are
Simpplr is the leading AI-powered employee experience platform. Organizations use our forward-looking, adaptable products to deliver personalized experiences that inspire and engage their employees. Wherever people work, Simpplr enables them to flourish.
Trusted by more than 500+ leading brands, including Zoom, Snowflake, Moderna, Eurostar, and AAA, our customers are achieving measurable productivity gains, increased employee engagement, and accelerated business performance.
Simpplr is headquartered in Silicon Valley, CA with offices in the UK, Canada, and India, and is backed by Norwest Venture Partners, Salesforce Ventures, and Tola Capital. Learn more at simpplr.com.
Senior Software Engineer ( Full Stack)
As a Senior Full Stack Developer, you should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. You should also be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility. You should be familiar with Agile methodologies.
What you’ll do:
- You will be responsible for the delivery of the application/ feature/ module your team will be working on.
- Write/Review Code every day in addition to pairing with team members on functional and non-functional requirements and spread design philosophy, goals and improvements to code quality across the team
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Write effective APIs
- Ensure all code is thoroughly covered by automated tests and that all features meet quality checks before deployment.
- Contributing to the constant improvement of practices and processes in the team.
- Building and managing automated build/test/deployment environments
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams (Sales, Marketing, Product, Mobile, DevOps, UX, Data Science, Data Engineering, QA etc.) to define and execute the feature roadmap.
- Research new technologies and tools and share your learning with the rest of the team.
What makes you a great fit for our team:
- 5-8 years of overall experience with at least 4+ years of Full Stack Developer or similar role experience.
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, ) and UI/UX design
- Experience and knowledge of open source tools & frameworks, broader cutting edge technologies around server-side development.
- Experience in building microservices-based architectures
- Knowledge of or experience with at least one or more of PaaS environments - AWS, Google App Engine, Windows Azure Cloud Services or similar
- Exposure to at least one of Chef/ Ansible/ Docker/ Kubernetes
- Ability to deliver in a global team environment with members working remotely in various time zones and locations
- You are a problem solver with exceptional analytical skills and high attention to detail
- Good knowledge of data structures(list, graphs, maps) and their advantages or disadvantages.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment, successfully handle ambiguity, and have experience working with Agile methodologies, TDD and Test Engineering and Automation
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills, with an ability to handle both executive-level discussions as well as technical deep dives
- Excellent understanding of interactive application development paradigm, memory management, performance/resource optimizations, database interactions, concurrency and multithreading, fault tolerance, monitoring, security, operability and scalability of systems.
Good to have.
Working with Kafka will be an added advantage.
Node, NodeJS, AWS, Full Stack, Serverless, Amazon Web Services, Lambda, REST APIs, WebServices, Microservices, ReactJs
ReactJs, NODEJS, Serverless, REST API, AWS WEB SERVICES, MICROSERVICES, WEB SERVICES, AWS
Simpplr provides a competitive compensation package along with other benefits. We believe in work-life integration and offer a flexible work environment. These benefits, coupled with an amazing team who believes in our mission, and values transparency, autonomy, and inclusiveness, make Simpplr an incredible place to work.
See what our employees say about working at Simpplr: Glassdoor Reviews
Simpplr’s Hub-Hybrid-Remote Model:
At Simpplr we believe that when work is good, life is better and that belief guides all we do. Including how we approach our flexible work model. Simpplr operates with a Hub-Hybrid-Remote model. This model is role-based with exceptions and provides employees with the flexibility that many have told us they want.
- Hub - 100% work from Simpplr office. Role requires Simpplifier to be in the office full-time.
- Hybrid - Hybrid work from home and office. Role dictates the ability to work from home, plus benefit from in-person collaboration on a regular basis.
- Remote - 100% remote. Role can be done anywhere within your country of hire, as long as the requirements of the role are met.