Senior Technical Support Engineer
Who We Are
Simpplr is the leading AI-powered employee experience platform. Organizations use our forward-looking, adaptable products to deliver personalized experiences that inspire and engage their employees. Wherever people work, Simpplr enables them to flourish.
Trusted by more than 700+ leading brands, including Penske, Snowflake, Moderna, Eurostar, and AAA, our customers are achieving measurable improvements in employee engagement, productivity, and accelerated business performance.
Simpplr is headquartered in Silicon Valley, CA with offices in the UK, Canada, and India, and is backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Salesforce Ventures, and Tola Capital. Learn more at simpplr.com.
Sr. Technical Support Engineer
As a company that is undergoing significant growth, Simpplr is seeking to hire an experienced Sr. Technical Support Engineer as a part of its Technical Support Team. In this role, you will work with customers on the identification and resolution of technical issues primarily in the post-launch support phase of the project.
This role will appeal to individuals who are interested in a fast-paced, high-growth SaaS company where decisions must be made quickly. Written communication skills and the ability to empathize with customers are extremely important. You will be a member of a team but you should be a self-starter who assumes responsibility and accountability to provide world-class service to Simpplr customers. You will provide first-line support on both the Simpplr application
Your Job Responsibilities
What you will be doing:
- Troubleshoot and diagnose technical issues experienced by Simpplr customers post-implementation
- Review, triage, troubleshoot, and escalate customer-reported issues, functional questions, admin requests and feature requests
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, and Customer Success on outstanding tickets to ensure quick resolution
- Run incident management processes for customer impacting outages
- Conduct research on complex cases and contribute to the Knowledgebase and Community
- Investigate/explore/debug the code and provide insight into technical issues
What makes you a great fit for the team:
- 4+ years in direct customer-facing support role
- 4+ years of experience troubleshooting modern web applications
- 3+ years of experience with Database technologies (SQL, MongoDB, Oracle)
- 3+ years of experience supporting SSO, SAML, Provisioning, User Sync, HRIS and other Integration issues
- 3+ years of experience reading logs (Cloudwatch, Observe, Kibana, Loggly, Splunk)
- Experience with working with Support Ticketing Tools: (Zendesk, JIRA, SF ServiceCloud)
- Familiar with APIs and understand how to use them
- Experience working with Enterprise clients (assigned accounts a plus!)
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have experience supporting and communicating with US-based customers
- You are comfortable getting on client phone/video calls to troubleshoot live issues, collect evidence, and set expectations
- You are able to know your audience and communicate properly based on the customer’s profile (technical vs. non-technical)
- You are passionate about the customer experience and have deep customer empathy
- You proactively implement/execute new ideas when you see something can be improved or created
- You enjoy working with different functions both internally and externally as you can appreciate each role and bring different perspectives into your discussions
- You are passionate about technology and want to keep advancing your career in a technical role
- You have a good energy that contributes to a positive work environment and a great customer experience
- You are willing to work flexible working hours in order to support our US customer base
Preferred but not required:
- Graduated from coding boot camp or degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering
- Supporting Intranet Software - Jive, Unily, Lumaps, Sharepoint, Confluence
See what our employees say about working at Simpplr: Glassdoor Reviews
Simpplr’s Hub-Hybrid-Remote Model:
At Simpplr we believe that when work is good, life is better and that belief guides all we do. Including how we approach our flexible work model. Simpplr operates with a Hub-Hybrid-Remote model. This model is role-based with exceptions and provides employees with the flexibility that many have told us they want.
- Hub - 100% work from Simpplr office. Role requires Simpplifier to be in the office full-time.
- Hybrid - Hybrid work from home and office. Role dictates the ability to work from home, plus benefit from in-person collaboration on a regular basis.
- Remote - 100% remote. Role can be done anywhere within your country of hire, as long as the requirements of the role are met.